Litchi Chicken Curry Noodles
These Healthy Lychee Chicken Curry Noodles are a perfect one pot, high fibre, high protein dinner for easy casual entertaining.
1 1/2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil divided
1 lb chicken breasts thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
2 carrots peeled, thinly sliced on a bias
2 cups snow peas trimmed
5 green onions thinly sliced, light green and white parts only
2 tbsp ginger grated
4 cloves garlic minced
5 tbsp thai red curry paste
2 cans lite coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut sugar
4 tsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
1 cup pineapple finely diced
1 ½ cups canned lychees drained and rinsed
1 package Catelli Ancient Grains Spaghettini Pasta 340 g
Salt for cooking
- Heat ½ tablespoon of coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add the chicken. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper, and cook until opaque, about 7-9 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Return the pan to the stove, then add in the bell pepper, carrots, and snow peas. Cook until softened and lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the chicken and set aside.
- Return the pan again to the stove and add in the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the green onions and sauté for 2 minutes on medium heat until softened, then add in the ginger and garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Stir in the curry paste, coconut milk, sugar, soy sauce, fish and lime juice. Simmer the sauce while whisking the curry paste into the liquid and allow the sauce to thicken slightly, about 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add in the chicken, vegetables, pineapple and lychees and stir until well coated. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the Catelli Ancient Grains according to the package.
- To serve, divide the pasta between bowls, top with the curry and garnish with red chili peppers, cilantro and peanuts.